1. Having a “date night” with my sweetie. There are very few people I would rather spend time with.
2. Enjoying fantastic pizza – and it was vegan to boot! It was absolutely delish.
3. Getting to drive my sweetie’s car home. It’s a darn nice ride. :)
1. A stunningly gorgeous day.
2. Accidentally finding gas that was $0.10 cheaper than anywhere else in the city. (With the crazy cost of fuel these days, every penny makes a difference.)
3. Petting a huge dog (alaskan malamute) at the yoga studio – and having my hands literally vanish in his fur. He was such a sweet boy – and so different from our tiny puppies!
Adho Mukha Svanasana
1. Making positive progress on a challenging work project.
2. The way the puppies race to their pen when they see me reach for their bag of treats.
3. Walking past a yard that had a piece of cool, fun art in it:
1. The way our small puppy excitedly gums my hand when I return home from work. A slightly wet but oh-so-full-of-joy greeting. :)
2. Reading a terrific summary of the blogging world by one of my new writer friends: “The half-amazingly-stocked-bookstore, half-wacky-coffee-shop-on-open-mic-night vibe.” (Yup, that’s pretty much the blogging world in a nutshell – I don’t think I could have said it any better myself.)
3. A super-cute approach to playing with food:
(Seen on a friend’s Facebook page. Thanks R!)
1. My mom and dad celebrating their 41-year wedding anniversary! As I told them both, I thank them for serving as amazing role models of what a loving, caring, supportive, fun marriage looks like for all of these years. Truly wonderful.
2. Plugging in an iPod that sat untouched in a drawer for several years – and having it work! Sometimes (most times) technology amazes me. So cool.
3. Having a friend think of me during her morning commute – and then making a lot of effort to let me know! Check out this video she made for me – so fun (and much appreciated). Thanks B!
(I have a thing for construction gear…)
1. Reading yet another new-to-me word. (Soteriological: relating to the field of religious studies.) Perhaps I should start reading easier texts? ;)
2. Engaging in some fun kitchen chemistry. (Chia seed pudding, of all things.)
3. Seeing a terrific picture from a fellow blogger. (It pays to be nice!)
“One coffee.” $40
“One coffee, please.” $30
“Good Morning, one coffee please.” $20
Thank you to Cedric for allowing me to re-post this image on my blog. I appreciate it!
1. Using a new bar of soap for the first time. Wonderful morning aromatherapy.
2. Learning about a cool website that delivers a contact name, email address, physical location address, and other info for any public URL. I like knowing the human information behind machine-delivered screens.
3. Finding some very clever “404″ pages. Many of these made me chuckle, and a few even had me laugh out loud:
1. Taking a nap on a drizzly Friday afternoon in a breezy bedroom with two puppies by my side. Lazy and lovely.
2. Mending a pair of pants with my own two hands. (The hem fell out.) The actual act of sewing was very calming and soothing, and I felt proud at the end of the project for being able to fix something on my own instead of having to use a professional. Go self-sufficiency! ;)
3. Having a friend think of me upon seeing the sign below – then letting me know:
1. Attending an easy yoga class instead of my usual challenging one. As the instructor explained, “There is a time to strive, and there is a time to surrender. A true yogi knows when to do which.” Today was a day for me to surrender – and though I missed my usual crazy poses, I was proud of myself for being willing to relax instead of push.
2. A gentle-yet-steady warm breeze at dusk Very calming.
3. Successfully completing my hospice training program. I know I won’t be fully “ready” until I just jump in and start working with a patient and his/her family – but at least now I know a little bit of what to do early on in the relationship. Now I wait until the hospice coordinator finds a match between me and that other person…
1. Not having to get a vaccination booster at my annual medical exam. Hooray for past shots sparing me from receiving future ones! :)
2. Unexpectedly finding good deals for difficult-to-locate items. Win-win!
3. Celebrities who don’t take themselves very seriously. (Humility and humor go a long way…)
Justin Timberlake dressed as a blog of tofu for a Saturday Night Live sketch. Awesome.