1. Walked in to the office this morning to find a very kind card and a box of Thin Mints waiting at my desk for me; a colleague (and friend) wanted to let me know she was thinking about me. How incredibly considerate! I work with amazing people.
2. Reading an article about a young couple who have chose to forgo a traditional wedding in exchange for reinvesting that cash into acts of kindness for others. Amazing people are everywhere today! (And everyday, if we are just willing to look and be open.)
1. “Making” one of my colleagues cry by publically sharing some complimentary thoughts about her. While I don’t like to “make” people cry, I’m okay if they do so because they have been deeply touched by a kindness. :)
2. My sweetie surprising me at my office at the end of the work day. He just wanted to walk me to my car and spend a few minutes with me. It reminded me of a boy meeting me at my locker at the end of the school day – it was very sweet and lovely.
3. Spending a few hours chatting with my MIL this evening. She is in town for a very quick visit, and it was nice to have some 1-on-1 time with her.
1. Spending part of the morning sitting on the sofa with the puppies at my side. Their rhythmic breathing (snoring) is simultaneously funny and oddly calming.
2. Spending part of the afternoon with my sweetie, purchasing some “last-minute” items for the soon-to-be-newly-ours house. (Sexy things like garbage disposals, shower heads, oodles of switch plates… jealous?) ;) While I’m not a fan of home improvement shopping, the task was made infinitely more enjoyable completing it with my sweetie.
3. Seeing a very cute video of a French bulldog puppy discovering surprising items in his house:
1. Having the ability to leave work when I’m sick. I deeply appreciate that I’m not paid by the hour (and therefore don’t have to suffer through a work shift if I want to be able to pay my bills), and that my employer values each employee’s health over their (our) ‘productivity’/work outputs. I am so incredibly blessed.
2. Having a very sweet husband who let me sleep for about 18 hours. He took care of the pups, did the dishes, and helped ensure that any possible disruptions were minimized/eliminated. What a lovely man. I am a very lucky gal.
3. Crashing out first on the sofa, then later in the bed, and getting all the sleep I possibly wanted. I adore our soft pillows, body-cradling bed, and cozy blankets – all made for a lovely day/evening of slumber.
1. One of my blogging friends sending me a link to a crochet post that reminded her of me. I’m always flattered when people think of me, and am honored when they take the extra step to let me know!
2. A different friend letting me know that her dog who ran off two days ago was found – 80 miles from her house! She was certain that the pup was dead (our outdoor temperatures have been sub-zero for the past week-plus) – so to get a call from a stranger letting her know that they had her dog was (is) amazing!
3. Going to a sports bar I had never visited before – and seeing a very cool display:
The handprint of a former local professional basketball player, cast in metal.
My handprint relative to KG’s. I have very long fingers (especially for a woman) – but clearly I have nothing on a pro bball player. That must be why I never made it to the NBA. (That, and the fact that I’m 5’4″…) ;)
1. Having an ‘easy day’ at work. I wasn’t feeling super-great, so I definitely appreciated the low volume of meetings, and the time at my desk to be alone and get some things done.
2. Seeing my dad enjoy his new retirement home. He gets to build, fix, maintain, putter, and tinker – all things he enjoys (and is very good at!).
3. Having vegan smoothies, protein bars, and pizzas available to me. Finding good vegan nutrition with a upset tummy can be challenging; I’m very grateful for the significant increase in ready-made options! (Up substantially from even 1-2 years ago.)