1. Getting to attend a special “holiday vinyasa” yoga class this morning. This is wonderful for so many reasons:
- One of my early teachers led this session; it was fun seeing her again.
- The fact that I could be in yoga means I didn’t have to work today – a gift that not everyone gets to enjoy.
- I can afford frivolities like yoga; I am blessed to not have financial concerns at this point in my life.
2. Spending the afternoon with puppies on my lap, my sweetie at my side, football on the television, and my hands busy with crochet. This is amazing for still more reasons:
- I have beings in my life who love me. (And I them.)
- I am in a committed relationship with a partner who enjoys spending time with me. (And I with him.)
- We have a home furnished with a television and comfortable seating – and we feel completely safe spending our time in it.
- I have the sight, manual dexterity, and cognitive abilities to craft, to create.
3. Enjoying delicious food; my sweetie roasted veggies specifically for me (sweet, right?), and I purchased an awesome vegan pumpkin pie. This is fantastic for yet even more reasons:
- I have people and resources in my life that support my chosen lifestyle.
- I have the means to secure food that keeps my conscience clear.
- I get to eat an entire pie all by myself. 🙂