1. Sleeping in my comfy bed. So warm and snuggly.
2. Being 100% finished with jet lag. Not too shabby for being only the second day back home!
(For anyone interested, my tricks to beating jet lag are at the bottom of this post.)
3. Learning about an organization that provides holiday gifts to elderly individuals who are in need of a bit of care and compassion. Many organizations exist to help make the holidays brighter for children, families, and the homeless – but often times the elderly are left out of the mix. I love that at least one group has this special population in mind.
Post Script: My tricks to beating jet lag:
- Drink a lot of water during the travel period. [I used the restroom every 2 hours or so.]
- Don’t drink alcohol, soda, or coffee during the travel period.
- Eat small snacks during the travel period. [They can be frequent, but each one should be small.]
- Sleep no more than 2 hours on the plane.
- Schedule your arrival at your final destination to occur between 5-8 pm local time. That way you can get to sleep shortly after you check-in/get home, and will get on the local schedule more quickly and relatively painlessly.
- Do not nap during the day. Go for a walk, go shopping, go sightseeing – do whatever it takes to stay awake until at least 8 pm local time.