1. Seeing so many terrific sights at the annual 4th of July 5K run/walk. Just a few of the highlights include:
- A two-month-old being pushed in a stroller along the route, and her mom cooing to her, “Ah, Vivi, it’s your first 5K!”
- Multiple pairs of young daughters (8-10 years old) running the race with their grandfathers.
- An openly gay couple exchanging a quick smooch at the water stop.
- People of all shapes participating in the event.
- Several dogs running alongside their pet parents.
- Wonderful crowd support! A few people blasted music from their front yards, many people clapped and cheered (including one hilariously drunk 20-something), and some people held their hands out for a high five. So fun.
2. A post-race hot shower, tasty lunch, and relaxing nap.
3. Seeing two awesome new sights at the annual holiday parade: