1. Having a “walking meeting” with someone I don’t know very well – and finding out we have a lot in common. Our conversation went rather deep, rather quickly; I love it when people are genuine and ‘real’ with me, and I always enjoy finding common ground with others.
2. Learning a variety of Easter-related facts. For example, did you know…
- Easter changes dates each year because it is always celebrated on the Sunday after the first full moon that follows the March equinox.
- Maundy Thursday means “new commandment”, and it honors the directive Jesus gave at the Last Supper to his disciples to love one another. (John 13:34)
- Ascension Day is the day that Jesus went to heaven; it’s 40 days after Easter Sunday.
- Pentecost is the day the Holy Spirit came to earth; it’s 50 days after the Resurrection.
I’m not Christian, but I think it’s cool to know the information behind these various holidays. And I always love learning new stuff. 🙂
3. Seeing a FANTASTIC sight on my way to a meeting today at work: