1. Reading about a video game targeted to tween girls that was designed to teach them how to write computer code. Researchers conducted experiments to test the effectiveness of the game, and during post-experiment interviews found that the girls felt “empowered” after playing the game. (Not to mention they learned a skill that will set them up for strong success in the future!). So, so awesome.
2. Seeing little pops of hope in a run down, beat up part of town. (Small works of public art; cleaned-up businesses; newly established charter schools and other civic projects…all promising signs.)
3. In cleaning out a bunch of files today, I ran across these. I *adore* a good Chuck Norris joke; I hope at least a few of these make you smile, too. 🙂
- When Chuck Norris smoked his first cigarette, the cigarette coughed.
- Jack Daniel wakes up in the morning and complains he’s had too much Chuck Norris the night before.
- Chuck Norris was denied auditioning for Mission Impossible, for obvious reasons.
- Area 51 is Chuck Norris’ playground.
- Chuck Norris threw a pebble once. We now call it Haley’s Comet.
- When Chuck Norris jumps in water he doesn’t get wet – the water gets Chuck Norris.
- Chuck Norris has never worn glasses. If he can’t see it, it doesn’t exist.
- If Chuck Norris ever went on Jeopardy they would have to rename it Catastrophe.
- Chuck Norris only works out once a year – that’s about all the gym equipment can take.
- When anyone asks, “Who’s your daddy?”, the answer is always Chuck Norris.